Thursday, October 13, 2011

A hop, skip, and a fart...but not really

So the journey to my current location, and the place I call home, was about a four hour trek from Osaka. I first had to take the infamous shinkansen (bullet train) from Osaka to Hakata, Fukuoka. After that I had to transfer lines to the super express train bound for Oita. To be honest, super express sounds faster than bullet train, but maybe that's just me. I will say though, there's nothing quite like the shinkansen as a passenger. It wasn't my first time, but that thing definitely hauls ass and it's incredibly comfortable. Anyway, if there were any doubt that I were leaving the bright lights of big-city Osaka, the journey to Oita was that friendly reminder. The countryside was sprawling all around, to sound dramatic, but really it wasn't a problem for me. I'm down to see and experience all sides of Japan and while it may not look like the most exciting place on earth, that old expression comes to mind, "you get out what you put in", and I'm pretty sure that applies to how you think about things and not just your actions. I've been lazy and haven't taken pictures of my apartment yet, but more than likely I'll just record a short "tour" video of sorts to give you a rundown of the layout. For now, enjoy a picture of the express train I rode and a short video of some of the scenery on the way to Oita.

The head rests look like little sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment