Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cold and Rainy

That pretty much sums up the weather today as I write this post. I had an office day today, which on a Saturday means waking up around 8 in order to shower and get to the classroom in time to call in. I woke up to the sound of heavy rain and strong winds. I didn't expect that at all so it put a damper on my already sour mood from not getting a lot of sleep. Today was spent working on a poster for our upcoming CM (combined meeting), which is where all the area Japanese teachers and Native teachers get together to talk business. The theme of the poster is St. Patrick's Day and it's supposed to get the attention of potential students for our school. I almost finished, but I'm a bit picky when it comes to my artwork so I still have some coloring to do before it's done. I'm sure I'll post of a photo of the finished "product" when it's done. The reason I'm making it in the first place is because my boss is making all of us NT's create one for a "friendly" competition. I don't mean to brag or boast, but I'm thinking mine is a slamdunk win.

Aside from that, not much is going on here in Japan, at least not in my life. Work is about the same as always, although I'm continuing to discover that I'm not really cut out to be a teacher. I simply don't have the patience for it. I know, I know - news flash! But hey, at least I'm aware of my own shortcomings right? More and more I think to myself, it sure would be nice to be back in the states. Not that I hate Japan, but I simply don't care for teaching that much and to be perfectly honest, it's quite difficult to find non-teaching work here as a foreigner. I mean, I could be flipping burgers at McDonald's Japan, but I'm talking about jobs where I can actually make a decent wage. So as it stands, I'm still planning to be home by next summer, which really isn't that far away as we creep up on December. I'm not sure who really cares about the idea of my going back to the states aside from a couple people, but hey, I'm puttin' it out there.

5 Pepper-flavored chips

Before

After...yummy!

Meow...bring on the money!

Somewhere in Oita

Red chili and garlic-flavored chips.

Sausage snack...gag, vomit, gross.

Party pizza-flavored Pringles. Bleh.

Korean inspired onigiri. Meat and kimchi inside. YUM!

Before

After. Tasty soba.

No comments:

Post a Comment