Thursday, August 23, 2012

Put on display

The end of August approaches and I thought, "hey, it's been a while since I wrote a new blog post", so here I am. Coincidentally, today is also the day that the Avengers comes out here in Japan. Pretty late on that right? I believe it's on DVD in the States next month. There doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason behind when and why Japan releases certain movies. That being said, I'd like to go check it out if the opportunity presents itself. Other than that, I've been working per usual and spending my free time with my PS3. Work has been going quite well. It's nice to be back on the regular schedule after summer school. Everything just seems easier in relation and the work days go by fast. Monday is our monthly staff meeting and also the first day of parent observations. I'm not so nervous about the parents being there, but I have a couple of students who are troublemakers and I wonder if they'll give me a hard time during parent obs. Nothing quite like being made a fool by a child in front of a crowd of judgmental eyes. Now that's a good time!

It also continues to be hot and humid here with rain falling on a random basis. The sun is out one minute and in the next it's coming down hard. So that's what a Japanese summer is like. Having nearly put my first Japanese summer behind me, I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to the next. It's merciless. I would say, "bring on the winter!", but it sure knows how to get cold here and I'm sure I'll be bitching then too.

In my last bit of news, I'm still pondering a transfer here with the company. As you all know, I'm here in Oita. I've gotten used to things here and I've really taken to my students and just the way things are. However, you all also know I haven't always been stoked to be here in a rural area, as I've prefer a placement with a little more hustle and bustle. I'm really interested in Yokohama and that area because it's close to Tokyo and not too far from Osaka. In other words, it's a nice mid-way point for some interesting places and Yokohama itself is a bit city. In the next few months I'll ask about openings around the country and see what they say and whatever comes to pass, be sure I'll let you know.

Mayo flavored chips. Wack.
Peach flavored cereal.
Mentaiko (pollack roe) flavored chips. Strange but tasty.
Pretty sakura (cherry blossoms) by my place.
Air-crisp chips. Lame!
Hotel Kinsuen...my old friend.
Garlic puffs and chili chips mix. So awesomely good.
Keepin' it Mello on the way to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment